UkhistorianBenDavidson.co.uk is myself. My name is Ben Davidson, 45 and happily married to my beautiful wife for 17 years, with young sons. You could say that I am married also to history, my second love. I’ve been studying/reading aspects of history for 30 years after getting into history when I started learning about the plight of Indian tribes in America during history class at school.
My specialities in history are 19th -20th Century British, Irish and America probably with an even keener interest in the Second World War and the American Civil War. But to be honest, I just love all aspects of history from social to military to political.
So UKHistorianBenDavidson.co.uk what’s it all about then? Well, being and avid fan of all things history I’ve decided to share everything I love about history. Hopefully It will connect with others and they enjoy it too. There are a number of big aspects to the site such as I review non-fiction history books for the lovely Rosie at Pen and Sword Books, I want to promote the stuff I have enjoyed and learnt from history and plan to keep expanding the website. I would like to eventually turn the site into an ‘all in one’ type site where you can get/read about all aspects of history from books to films and more. So finally enough about me please feel free to read the website and sign up to our newsletter where I can keep you up to date.
I am a one man band and if you like what you see or would like to support me, please feel free to buy our recommended books from Pen and Sword Books. Basically, any money I can earn goes into the website so I will be thankful to you.
Just an aside, I was asked once why am I called UK Historian, well look it up in the dictionary and it says an expert on history/write of history. Now I never claim to know everything that would be ignorant of meet, as there is always someone who will know more than the next person. I write about history and I live in the UK, if people enjoy or can get something out of any of my written work, brilliant. That’s all I ask. If you get up in arms about someone being called this, then this is usually because in society people like to keep others down or in their place therefore they will not like to call you a historian. I am just a writer of history.
Could you do me a favour, please.
Would you mind doing 2-3 of the following, most are FREE for you:
- Follow me over on Instagram for more
- Follow me on Twitter for more
- Share a link to us or any of our articles on your social media channels
- Sign up to our Newsletter. Visit link in menu at top. (You could get a FREE book if you do)
- Visit/Bookmark us regularly at http://www.ukhistorianbendavidson.co.uk
- Read our articles, then leave a comment if you wish below our articles. We love all comments.
- Contact Us via the Contact page above, tell us what you think, what you’d like to see more of.
- Finally, if you do like our work, we have Paypal Donation button at the top, all monies raised go towards the upkeep of our website, or we regularly donate it to our local Dog’s Home charity.